Pages

Wednesday 17 March 2021

What I Know About Food Chains

Kia ora bloggers, In Te Ngahere we have recently been learning about food chains. Food chains is when energy is transferred from a living thing to another living thing. A series of organisms each depend on the next source of food. I found this really hard because it took me a while to find out where the arrows actually have to point. We had to use arrows to show what eats what. I found out that Tui eats berries off Kowhai trees. I also learned that stoats eat possums and rats. I think if I listened better next time I could finish my food web the first time because the first time I had the arrows pointing the wrong way but I finished it eventually. Three things that are different to my teachers food web. My arrows on my food web are different because my arrows are just plain black not colour coded and also my arrows are just straight. My pictures on my food web are set out more clearer then this one. I think my arrows are more easier to understand because having different colours are confusinging. But I understand why they need to be different colour, they have to be different colours because the red arrows are pointing from what the predators eat, the blue arrows are pointing from what the tui eats, the orange arrows are pointing from the food that the Kereru eats, the green arrows are pointing from the birds to the possum because the possum eats the birds and the purple arrows are pointing from all the birds and what the birds eat to the rat because the rat eats the birds and the rat also eats what the birds eat which is called berries. Have you ever learned about Food Webs?

No comments:

Post a Comment