Pages

Friday 19 March 2021

Our Pepeha And Mihi

Kia ora bloggers, In Te Ngahere we have recently been learning our pepeha off by heart. We are learning our pepeha and our mihi so that old students are able to welcome new students into this amazing Kura. I really enjoyed learning my pepeha including my koro and kuia because when I use to do my pepeha I didn't include my koro and kuia but this was fun to do but really tricky. The boys in my class have to learn this to be able to stand in our beautiful whare and speak in te reo maori. I found it hard to say my pepeha because I had to take a lot of breaths and I kept on messing up so I had to restarting. I am glad that I am able to welcome new students into Paihia school. Have you learned a mihi before to welcome new students into your Kura? 




E tu ana ahau

I am standing  

Ki te mihi ki te kai karakia a __Tiana_____

the person who led the prayer ___________

Tena koe

Thank you/good wishes. 

nga mihi ki te kai himene a ___Yazmin___  

To the person/people who led the himene 

Tena koe

thank you/good wishes.

Tena korua

Tena koutou

Greetings to everyone

PEPEHA

Ko Pouerua toku maunga


Ko Waitangi toku awa


Ko Ngatokimatawhaorua toku waka


Ko ngapuhi toku iwi

Ko Ngati rahiri toku hapu



Ko Te Tii toku marae


Ko Paihia toku kura


Ko Donald Mckibbin tōku koro

Ko Penny Williams tōku kuia

Ko Melissa tōku māmā


Ko Mikaira Apiata raua ko Leo Kenny tōku koro

Ko Maureen Takimoana raua koPolly Kenny  tōku kuia

Ko Laurie Apiata raua ko Honetama Kenny tōku pāpā


Ko Mckibbin raua ko Apiata ko Takimoana oku whanau


Ko Vivianne raua ko Reitu ko Vanya oku tuakana

Ko Raureti raua ko Andre  ko Russell ko Mystro oku tungane




Ko Andre te potiki o te whanau

Ko Mikaila Ingoa

No reira, tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa.


Tena koutou ( tena koutou tena koutou) katoa

Waiata tautoko

No reira, tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment