Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

The Scariest Tsunami Evacuation.

 On Friday there was a Tsunami Evacuation siren going off so we had to gather the children who were at home to get  in the car to go up to the golf course because it is the highest hill in Waitangi. As we were on our way up there I had no idea what was happening because my parents wouldn't tell me but when we got there I knew straight away it was a tsunami evacuation because when I was 8 years old this happened early in the morning till night time and this really scared me. My mum went to go pick up my cousins Tiana, Jade.O, Azure and Karceya from Paihia School on the hill behind the school. When they returned, my cousins and I were putting on fake nails, colouring in, having a drawing competition, putting on makeup and also rolling down the hill holding hands. We were eating a lot of biscuits and my parents went home to get about 17 bottles of water. I found this evacuation really scary and I was worried for my cousin Mahia because he was with the school and not with his parents and siblings.Have you been in a situation like this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment