Pages

Friday 7 May 2021

Really Fun Technology

 Kia ora bloggers, today I am blogging about technology the year 7’s,8’s and I went to. We went to Moerewa school to do technology. But sadly the year 7’s and 8’s swapped classes, which means we are doing wood works with Mr E and the year 7’s are taking cooking classes with Whaea Dot. The first thing we did was to go through the rules, expectations, things we were allowed to do and Mr E showed us how to be sensible while we are using the power tools. The second thing we had to do is to take a photo for Mr E so he can write our names on the picture so he can remember our names. During our first day back in wood works we are making and designing our own little waka. We got a few choices which were making a waka, bling bling, a wire game or a boat, just so you know a bling bling is a metal necklace. Obviously we chose a waka, I chose to make a waka because I am moari and I think it would be an amazing fun experience.  I learned  how to make the starting of our waka and I also learned what parts of the boat litter loan a waka is called. The front of the waka is called bow, the back of the waka is called stern, the left side is called port and the right side is called starboard. I really found this challenging because we had to make sure we measured the sides correctly, the measurements for the long side was 25mm and the short side was 7mm. I really enjoyed doing this because when we are finished we get to take it home. So all this hard work is so worth it. Have you taken woodwork classes before and made a waka?


1 comment:

  1. hi mikaila i really eenjoyed reading ur blog post it was so inteeresting i wish i could come to ur technology it sound amazing what was ur fav thing

    ReplyDelete